Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dear 36-38 Kenneth Cole Reversible Belt,

I hate to do this this way, but I just can't pretend any longer.

We've been together for a long time. You always supported me when I needed you the most. You've been there for me when I was wearing black shoes, and you were there when I wore brown shoes. No matter how much pressure I put on you, you've always strong. You've even been there when I forgot a less dressy belt for a change of clothes the next day, after a wedding maybe, and when that happened you didn't mind hiding under a baggy t-shirt. We've had some good times, you and I. When we first met, I really enjoyed how you looked and fit. It felt good knowing that I had some wiggle room, not needing that last notch.

But now I've lost some weight, I'm feeling pretty good about myself, and don't get me wrong, I still wish we could be together, but you and I...we just... we're not a good fit anymore.

I didn't want to have to do this, but I wanted you to hear it from me...there is another belt. I met it last week at Macy's. It's a 32-34 and it fits really good, looks nice too, and I think we will be really happy. I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. I'm sure that you will make someone at the Goodwill very happy someday.

If only I wasn't lazy, and had the tools to make another notch so that we could continue on...but that would just be delaying the inevitable.

Take care my friend...and good luck, I will miss you.

No comments: