Tuesday, April 10, 2007

So some guys from work play in a weekly poker league from time to time. It's a 10 game season, once the season is over they wait a few weeks and then do it again. This is my second time in the league and last night was the second game. About 4-5 hands in I get pocket 3's. I bet about three times the big blind and get called. I jokingly say "all threes" for the flop, and wouldn't you know it, A, 3, Q comes out.

I make a fairly sizable bet, and the new guy raises. I figure he's got an ace so I go all in. He quickly calls and turns over A, Q. I felt bad for him, his first game with us and all, but then I started stacking chips and I felt better.

On another note, can you believe that the grocery workers are going to go on strike again? Didn't they learn anything from the last time? At least the markets wont be crowded for a while, that was nice. Personally, I think unions should be resrved for skilled workers, not for a job that is traditionally done by teenagers or college students. Their slogan should be "Live better, Work FOR the Union".

No comments: