Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello from Bonaire!

So we're finally here. After close to 9 hours of red-eye travel we got in at 5:45 a.m. local time. Got about 40 minutes of sleep on the plane (don't sit in the row in front of the emergency exit, the seats don't recline).

Upon check in we got our rooms and watched the sunrise, had breakfast and tried to get some sleep. The humidity is at about 60% and the temp is about 86 degrees. Since the a/c was a tiny wall unit (in the bedroom only) that wasn't happening. I decided to walk around the resort a bit while waiting for my luggage to be delivered to the room.

After two hours and no bag I started to get worried! After some begging and pleading with the staff I fianlly found my bag (it had been delivered to the wrong room) and was able to relax and get some sleep knowing I had clothes for the rest of the trip.

We were also lucky enough to swith rooms to a much bigger, much more air conditioned room...upgrade!

We had a mandatory island orientation and got in the water right in front of our resort (Buddy Dive) about 5pm. It was amazing! Beautiful colors and so many fish. I've been told that what I saw today is merely the tip of the iceberg.

After our dive we took showers and headed to "Steak Saturdays" for dinner. After a couple draft Heinekens I'm writing to you now and soooo ready for a good night's sleep. Getting some really good pics. Hope to share some tomorrow.

Night all!

No comments: